Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mountains to Sea dlr Book Festival

Today my roommates and I traveled to Dun Laoghaire to attend the Mountains to Sea Book Festival. Here we heard readings from Sadie Jones, Jill Dawson, and Claire Kilroy. They were all fantastic authors and I am excited to read their novels. I will say though that Claire Kilroy's novel seemed very dark, and I think it's the one I liked least out of all of them. After we walked along a huge concrete pier. It was such a glorious, sunny day so we took our time and enjoyed it. Below are some pictures and a short video of my roommates.




The ocean!


From the left: Erika (from Canada), Mariel (from New Zealand), and me


The stage at the festival where three women authors read excerpts from their books


The adorable town of Dun Laoghaire (pronounced "done leery," who knew?)




Here's a cute video of my roommates by the sea

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I love reading your posts and seeing your beautiful pictures!!!

    And, if I'm not totally off base, I believe Dun Laughaire is one of the towns in P.S. I Love You!

    =)

    ReplyDelete